411 N. Blount Street
2,307 sq. ft.
The McGee house, built in 1948, has a steeply pitched roof and an arched entryway. The one-and-one-half story Tudor Revival-style brick house has three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a partially finished basement. It will be sold in Phase III.
417 N. Blount Street
3,885 sq. ft.
This Victorian style house was built in 1878 for the widowed sister of Alexander Boyd Andrews, who lived next door in the Andrews-Duncan home. This two-story Italianate house has four bedrooms, four bathrooms as well as a handsome front porch. It will be available in Phase III
||Andrews-Duncan Carriage House|
400 Augustus Merrimon Way
1,119 sq. ft.
The Andrews-Duncan Carriage house was built in 1873 as the carriage house for the Andrews-Duncan House. Currently still located behind the Andrews-Duncan home, it will be moved in 2009 to its new location. This quaint home has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a deck on the second floor. This home will be available in Phase III.
407 N. Blount Street
6,080 sq. ft.
The Andrews-Duncan house was built around 1873 for railroad mogul Alexander Boyd Andrews. The Andrews-Duncan home is a designated Raleigh Historic Landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The home has seven bedrooms, six bathrooms and an unfinished basement. Segmental-arched windows and doors are accentuated with heavy molding, and the home has an ornate front veranda. It will be available in Phase III.
400 N. Blount Street.
3,331 sq. ft.
The Pell house was built in 1892 for George Pierce Pell, a well-known Raleigh Attorney. The two-and-one-half story brick Colonial Revival-style house has a beautiful veranda with classical columns. The house has four bedrooms, three bathrooms and a partially finished basement. French doors line the right side of the house and open to a terrace that wraps around the front veranda. The home was originally located at 111 North Street. It will be available in Phase III.
421 N. Blount Street
7,067 sq. ft.
This two-story Italianate style house was built in 1879 as a wedding gift for Matthew and Cornelia Norris. The Norris house has 11 bedrooms, seven bathrooms, an unfinished basement and an additional kitchen on the second floor. In 1928, the Heartt family purchased the home and added a Southern Colonial Style portico to the front of the home, which also features a Victorian-style double front door and expansive side porch. The Norris home will be available in Phase III.
221 Lane Street
4,917 sq. ft.
The Williams house was built around 1927. This two-story brick Georgian Revival-style house has a handsome pedimented entrance with large fluted Doric columns. The Williams house has seven bedrooms, five bathrooms, an unfinished basement and an additional bar/kitchen on the second floor. This house has the most dramatic façade of any of the Georgian-Revival houses of the early twentieth century in the area. It will be available in Phase IV.
226 North Street
3,418 sq. ft.
The Wilson house was built in 1923 for G.F. Syme, an engineer with the State Highway Commission. The two-story Georgian Revival-style brick house has a slate roof and side gables that are covered with wood shingles. The house has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, with a large bonus room and recreational room. A sleeping porch, a popular feature in the 1920s, sits above the left porch of the house. This home will be available for purchase in Phase IV.
423 N. Blount Street
3,431 sq. ft.
The Beckwith house was built in 1898 for well- known attorney Bosworth C. Beckwith. The two-and-one-half story Late Queen Anne-style house has a wrap around veranda that is supported by turned posts with decorative brackets. A bowed bay window sits to the left of the entrance of this three bedroom three bathroom house. The Beckwith home will be moved from its original location on 412 N. Wilmington Street in 2009. It will be available in Phase III.
219 North Street
4,424 sq. ft.
The Shepherd House, built in 1906 for prominent Raleigh attorney S. Brown Shepherd, is built in the classic Queen Anne style. The home, featuring a pyramidal roof, classic columns wrapping a grand veranda and decorative trim, has 4 bedrooms and numerous walk-in closets, which are uncommon for a house built in this style. The Shepherd house will be available in Phase IV of the project.
407 N. Person Street
3,160 sq. ft.
Four bedrooms and three baths, six fireplaces
Built in 1908, the Woodell house features four bedrooms and three bathrooms, and six fireplaces located throughout the home. The two-story home represents the shift from Queen Anne-style architecture towards a more classic style with clean lines and symmetrical roof lines. The Woodell house will be available in Phase IV.
424 N. Blount Street
6,517 sq. ft.
The grand Capehart-Crocker home was built in 1898 for Lucy Capehart, daughter of a prominent Halifax County attorney, and her husband Bartholomew. The house was originally located at 403 N. Wilmington Street, and was moved to its current location by the state of North Carolina in 1979. This 7-bedroom home is one of the most recognizable homes in Blount Street Commons, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It will be available for sale in Phase IV.
419 N. Person Street
2,480 sq. ft.
The Jones house, built for the Raleigh city tax collector in 1904, was originally located on 214 Peace Street, and was moved to its current location in 2008. The home has two bedrooms and three-and-a-half baths. The Jones house is a more simplistic version of Queen Anne-style architecture. It will be available in Phase IV of the development.
217 Lane Street
4,348 sq. ft.
This striking home with a two-story veranda was built in 1906 for J. Bryan Grimes, the Secretary of State for North Carolina from 1901-1923, and was later occupied by the Honorable Heroit Clarkson, a North Carolina Supreme Court Justice. This four-bedroom home has a unique two-story bay window topped by a pedimented gable. It will be available for purchase in Phase IV.
401 N. Person Street
3,385 sq. ft.
The Brown House, built at the turn of the twentieth century, is a fine example of decorative architectural massing and detailing commonly found in Queen Anne-style homes. This two-and-one-half story frame home features four bedrooms, three baths, and a keyhole-shaped stained glass window. The Brown Home will be available in Phase IV.
422 N. Blount Street
4,188 sq. ft.
The Lee House, built in 1900 for farmer Paul Lee, served as his family's home through the 1950s. The distinguished Georgian Revival-style home has a beautiful full wraparound veranda, anchored by 9 ionic columns and a wrought-iron stairway. This house, featuring 6 bedrooms, is a Raleigh Historic Landmark. The Lee Home will be available for sale in Phase IV.
411 N. Person Street
2,423 sq. ft.
The Hume house was built in 1906 for H. Harold Hume, state horticulturalist and instructor at North Carolina State University. The home was built in the Queen Anne architectural style, and includes two bedrooms, three baths, and five fireplaces. It was moved from its original location on Wilmington Street in July, 2008. The Hume house will be available in Phase IV.
415 N. Person Street
2,206 sq. ft.
The Naylor home was moved from its original location at 210 Peace Street in 2008. The home has two large bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and a large front veranda with turned posts and simplistic railings. This home will be available in Phase IV.